Sunday, March 02, 2008

beautiful foundation....








my baby boy was due april 22nd 1997...
after 2 weeks plus of waiting .. so excited for my new baby
we induced labor & 24 plus hours later on may 6th 1997 after an emergency c-section my beauty arrived ..
he lived in a tent in the NICU for the first 24 hours .. i tickled his toes & was thrilled he was here...... i held him for the first time 24 hours after he was born... it was amazing ..

4 days later .. the day i was to go home..
colman stopped breathing in my arms ..
my husband started CPR as i called for a nurse ...
colman was again in the NICU connected to bells & whistles ..
i held him in my arms rocking him .. singing
you are my sunshine & holding him
i was staring at him .. afraid to blink ..
afraid i would look down & find a blue baby again ...
so i stared & sang
trying to drowned out the endless beeps & whistles with my song...

here i am Mothers Day 1997 the day we left the hospital with Colman...

what happened ?
why?
no one knows.....
no one knows even today why or what happened ..
our healthy boy just stopped breathing..

please pass above video on...
hug you babies ..
...........OFTEN .........
and help others
think of others
do what you are able to do to help
celebrate these young spirits lives.....

www.angelcheeks.net


No comments: