A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS......... 10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
...the way you swam like a majorette in a parade...
...the soundtrack that played in your head i heard it when i looked at you.... * do-pidee do-do-pidee do *
...you... so happy.. eager.. loving...gentle smart...
who could forget the goldfish gobble?
nancy was so in awe she sent us a special *collector goldfish cap* you let ruby love you just like you were hers.. ...the baby she wished for ... she found you irresistible... ....she showed you the ropes & ....you were such a good shadow.... an amazing watch dog.. *of course * ...you were perfect to her... ...even when you pulled her tail... *she adored you * & herbie you kept her ears cleaner than i ever could have* *THANK YOU*
...you loved my boy from the second you met... even through your awkward "i think im a pointer days ...." you comforted & loved us * during our most challenging times * the kisses you gave us as we grieved my dad/grandpa & ...sister/aunt... ....soft...gentle..compassionate ... you are my first "dog" loss...our first loss & herbie the love & beauty you gave us ...in such a short time...
* i would do it all again in a millisecond*
* 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. * ~ alfred lord tennyson ~
*couldn't be more true*
with that said my beautiful boy.. ... rubys baby ... ...colmans goofy "brother"
rocco...dd...windy-wu...marley...boomer...valentine...oscar... tina & ..a crazy little dog that looks like a ham with legs.. * thats dooley * ...you have never met her..she sorta looks like your squeaky piggie... im sure she will be there *they are all there* & my doofy-doo... ...don't rest in peace you baby you fly in peace!!!
*** undeniably a short life... but so undeniably beautiful ***
what i think about when my productive day turns.. some what.. well random??
the last couple weeks have been so amazing it's as if the hurricane of the last few years has started to settle just as i had hoped believed & trusted * it would * there are a few leaves still rustling around a couple twigs on the ground but i believe ...i may have finally figured a few things out..
* im stronger than i ever believed i could be *
* life has a way of sorting its self out if i carry on ..believe.. walk tall & wade through the shit when needed *
* the power of my thoughts..wishes ..dreams .. unfathomable *
* i have precious angels..always there... whispering in the wind... ....tickling my toes in the grass... i hear them singing in the wind chimes.... ...they will breathe for me when i cant catch a breath... catch me in their beautiful wings if i fall .. encouraging me in twinkling stars *
...i know... lots of good stuff :)
i celebrated my baby colmans birthday last week.. he is absolutely
* my greatest love & achievement * * a sweet cherub * when he was little little little .. he loved to hold my hand..& pinch the chubby skin on my palms ..he would pinch them with his little fingers .. ALL DAY LONG they would chafe & get sore :) but look at that face? how on earth could i deny him this well odd comfort right?
see photo below.. i love he has my thumb :)
he was born 2 weeks past his due date... ...with a lusty wail & huge feet.. really huge feet ... see * here we are..he was just 3 weeks old *
* he & i had our own language when he was little... my high pitched ..speedy talk .. along with minnesota accent ( i know YIKES* ) wasn't always the easiest to follow..but he did!! *
* in first grade he entered the school talent show... he decided he was going to trick hula hoop yes trick hula hooping & sing the "vontage" music *
i was worried the tossing of the hula hoop would break a light .. or bonk an audience member in the head... so he did an impressive nun chuck demo instead * * sorry no video ;( * he was flawless..took the stage & wowed the crowd!!
now my baby boy is 14!
* his heart is made of gold... not a nasty mean bone in this body * * so smart.. kind..honest ... funny ... i know what your thinking ... "well yah he's your son of course you think that " * i encourage you to ask anyone... they will tell you the same *
* he is oddly fascinated with mustaches... has been since he was 5! * * can unscramble my garbled text messages* * loves to read * * offered to paint my toenails for mothers day * * wears mismatched socks..just like me * * laughs at my bad jokes * * sometimes wears plaid shorts & striped shirts * * prefers water or lemonade while i drink my diet coke * * loves to bike * * eats vegetables i can't even smell * * has unyielding confidence * * is brave brave BRAVE * * opens doors.. says thank you .. ...takes his hat off when eating.. shakes hands .. without being told * he grew up believing in santa... *what a priceless expression * the easter bunny... ...leprechauns & with a mom that told him brown cows are the chocolate milk ones...
* he has lived in outrageously colorful homes full of whimsy & charm laughter & love * he had a fish bowl in his bathroom with a fishy called "john" get it? :) he has lived with birds ... huge fluffy bunnies... ....cats in hats ... & an occasional chicken suit .... with bunnies that hopped through the kitchen... ...guinea pigs that dined with the bunnies in the courtyard... & cats that dined with bunnies * with ...guinea pigs that dressed as lobsters... .... & ones that drove race cars... * sometimes you would even spot a wizard in the kitchen * he has made exploding volcanoes has built amazing army compounds has tons & TONS of star wars action figures.. & trains ... lots of trains!! all that boy stuff...
archery.. hiking.. digging in dirt.. ...has slept in several tents area 51 you may ask..??? yep * has done it *
he has a * lulu * he loves her dearly .. she has been with him since he was 2 & a miss ruby ..who both have loved him ..their boy ...for years*
* his heart is huge..his thoughts grand *
see just like i said he is * my greatest love & achievement *
wishing & believing your life will continue to be a * one-of-a-kind adventure *
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.