when i was a kid the letter D was found on my report card typically in the subject of math...
then later in my late teens & 20's the D returned as in the word Diet... ugh if you think about it a lot of awful words start with D Devil Dentist Deviant Dumb any word with 'Dis' in front .. as in Dishonest or Discouraging
now the last year & a half it is looming over me ... the Dreaded letter D Death of Dad Death of his Daughter my sister Divorce Depressed Discouraged Daughting
so i decided D will now bring joy... good things.... it's positive letter Determined Destined ( for greatness :) ) Donuts Ding Dongs Daffodil Dogs Ducklings Disco Discovery Daisies good things :)
so it rained all day today .. even heard thunder at times.. very weird... we still have some... not much .. but some snow... the weather has been warm.. 40 degrees .. so wet.. muddy.. melty .. gray.. yucky.. don't make me get outta bed days! but i have learned a few things from this day of rain & the warm days before it ..
1)i swear next year i will rake the leaves before winter ... now i know what happens if i don't & i don't advice skipping a year!! 2)pick up dog poo in the winter .. even if it gets buried by the snow!! &
3)will remember to turn on the heating on the roof.. beautiful icicles but what a nasty ice dam!!
all things i am learning being back in minnesota & controlling my own destiny!! scary at times but this i can do right?!
~ maggie ~
ps: that's pre-melt & rain photo.. trust me you don't want to see current photo!
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.